Broiler chickens are chickens that are raised for their meat, and the equipment that is typically needed for raising them includes:
- Brooder: A brooder is a heated area used to provide warmth for newly hatched chicks.
- Feeders: Chick feeders and feed troughs to provide food for the birds.
- Waterers: Chick waterers or drinkers to provide the birds with access to clean water.
- Lighting: Lighting is important to keep the broiler chickens warm and to promote healthy growth.
- Ventilation: Proper ventilation is necessary to provide clean air and reduce the risk of respiratory problems.
- Bedding: Bedding material, such as wood shavings or straw, to keep the broiler chickens warm and dry.
- Equipment for processing: Equipment for processing the birds, such as pluckers, scalder, and eviscerator machines.
Housing: Broiler chickens are typically raised in a large barn, which should provide enough space for the birds to move around and stretch their wings.