Egg production is an important industry in many countries around the world, and it has undergone significant changes in recent decades. Some of the global trends in egg production include:
- Increased demand: There has been a steady increase in global demand for eggs over the past several decades, driven by population growth and an increasing awareness of the nutritional value of eggs.
- Industrialization: Egg production has become increasingly industrialized, with many large-scale operations using modern production methods to meet the demand for eggs.
- Consolidation: The egg industry has also become more consolidated, with a few large companies dominating production in many countries.
- Alternative production systems: There has been a trend towards alternative production systems, such as free-range and organic, as consumers become more concerned about animal welfare and the environment.
- Trade: The global egg trade has also grown significantly in recent years, with many countries importing and exporting eggs to meet demand.
- Food safety concerns: Food safety concerns, such as the risk of salmonella contamination, have also become more prominent in the egg industry, leading to increased regulations and efforts to improve food safety.