To clean and maintain an egg incubator, follow these steps:
- Turn off and unplug the incubator.
- Remove all eggs, trays, and other parts from the incubator.
- Use a soft brush or cloth to remove any debris, such as feathers or eggshells, from the incubator.
- Mix a solution of warm water and mild detergent, and use it to wipe down the inside and outside of the incubator, as well as the trays and other parts.
- Rinse the incubator, trays, and other parts thoroughly with clean water, and let them air dry.
- Once everything is dry, reassemble the incubator and plug it back in.
In addition to regular cleaning, it’s important to monitor and maintain the temperature and humidity levels in the incubator and to periodically check the accuracy of the thermometer and hygrometer. If the incubator has an automatic egg turner, be sure to regularly clean and sanitize it as well. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for your specific incubator to ensure proper maintenance and cleaning.