Skip to navigation
Skip to content
Problems often encountered in a poultry hatchery
- Low rate of eggs with embryos.
- Many embryos dead at an early incubation stage.
- High rate of rotten eggs during incubation.
- Piped eggs, without hatching.
- Late hatching or chicks not hatching at the same time.
- Complete hatch failure
- Poor quality of day-old birds:
1) Chicks hatch with crippled and malformed legs.
2) Chicks hatch with rough or unhealed navel, wet and dirty feathers.
3) High mortality during the first week of life.