Kenya Agricultural Research Foundation (Kari) has come up with a new breed of indigenous chicken that offers better yield called KARI Kienyeji chicken
- The breed develops faster, is highly resistant to diseases and has high productivity.
- It achieves 1.5kg in about five months when the rest of the indigenous breeds take up to seven months or more
- ability to withstand harsh conditions is amazing
You can use different ways to develop stock for any Kienyeji breed.
- Buy day old chick from trusted farmers doing breeding for the kienyeji breed
- Buy fertile eggs and hatch your own chicks
- Buy mature hens for meat or egg productions
Get The Beginner’s Guide to Improved Kienyeji and Exotic Chicken Farming in Kenya for only ksh 700. Call 0727087285
Here at Ecochicks Poultry we have high performance eggs incubators for hatching your own chicks which is considered cheaper and sustainable by many people .
Download KARI Kienyeji production manual here